Monkey Studio is free crossplatform IDE.
The project has been started by AZEVEDO Filipe for his personal use around end of June 2005, and when he found it useful he open it to the community.
The project has been welled received and some guyz join it or send feedbacks/new features.
The current version is the v2 branch which succeed the v1 one and is dependent of Qt 4.4.0 minimum.
It support Qt 4 projects management and embed Designer and Assistant to form a complete, fast and power full Qt 4 IDE.
It's based upon a powerful and flexible plugin system that allow to extend it in an infinite way, currently there's tons of plugins :
- PHP-Qt : Management of PHP-Qt project (Qt 4 bindings for php).
- PyQt : Management of PyQt projects (Qt 4 bindings for python).
- and many others...
Monkey Studio is released under the GNU GPL. Its based on Qt 4.4.x and upper and is working on all majors OS's.
It has been reported to work on : Windows 98 SE, XP and Vista, Mac OS X 10.3 and up, Mandriva, Suse, Fedora, Frugalware, Gentoo and debian/Ubuntu/Kubuntu.
Same Development Environment on all Platforms !
It's developed using the Qt library itself. So it should run on every platform that Qt 4 supports. This way you can work on your progress on every platforms in the same IDE. Developing cross-platform software can be so easy!
Code editor features
- Advanced, customizable code editor, based on QScintilla.
- Syntax highlighting for more than 22 programming languages.
- Automatic detection of End Of Line mode (\n, \r\n). You can work with files, which have Windows/Unix EOL symbols in same time and save it's original mode.
- Automatic detection of indentation mode. Choose your preferred mode, or activate automatic detection to save original indentation of your files.
- Templates wizard allows you to create files or projects from templates, provided by MkS Team, or from your own templates.
- Code restyling You can quickly fix/update style of your code using embedded AStyle code beautifier.
- Automatic completion based on contents of the current file, or on .api files for your language/libraries if available.
- Search and replace engine allows you to search and replace text in the current file, or in a directory.
- Navigator shows list of classes, methods, functions, variables... in the file and allows you to jump to a line of code, where the object is located. Navigation based on Exuberant Ctags supports 31 programming languages.
- GNU Debugger integrated to the IDE available for any platform.
Qt 4 support
- Qt projects editing from the IDE allows you to configure the project, add/remove files from it.
- Build project from the IDE. Errors and warnings will be collected from compiler log and will be shown in the list. Line with error can be opened by single click.
- Target execution from the IDE. Target can be executed/stopped. Console output is available for reading.
- Qt Designer integration. Forms can be edited directly in IDE.
- Qt Assistant integration. To get help about a class/method, just set the cursor on a word in the editor and press F1.
- Support for multiple Qt versions Multiple versions of Qt can be installed in the system. Active one can be switched on quickly.
- IRC plugin allows you to quickly connect with MkS Team on irc.freenode.net #monkeystudio, or to any other server/channel.
- A lot of stuff :)
- Better debugger integration.
- Support for any type of project (build systems), including pure Makefile projects.
- Smarter auto completion.
- A lot of stuff :)
See our Timeline